Project Location: Peters Township, PA
Case Study #201:
- Project consisted of a total LED lighting retrofit project on a church campus that contains an older building that was constructed in 1965, and a new church that was constructed in 2006. Housed in these facilities are a social hall, pre-school, church offices, sanctuary, and religious education classrooms.
Project scope of work:
- George R. Smalley Co. performed an energy audit and found that there were many outdated lighting technologies in use in the old building as well as the new building.
- We formulated a solution that would not only reduce their lighting expenses by 57%, but would also greatly reduce their maintenance costs due to the long life cycles of the LED fixtures and lamps that were utilized.
- The project included a mix of retro fit lamping and new fixtures in all areas of both buildings as well as all exterior lighting.
- George R. Smalley Co. is an allied energy partner with Constellation Energy and through this partnership we were able to offer this project through Constellation Energy’s Efficiency Made Easy (EME) program. The EME is a program where qualified clients experience a no upfront capital, on bill financing scenario.
- Project costs – $169,000.00
- Rebates from First Energy – $6,131.00
- Annual KWH reduction – 217,098
- Annual savings on electric – $21,808.00
- Minimum of 5 year warranty on all products.
- 1 year warranty on all labor.